Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Real Hope, Real Truth

Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.” Then Pilate said to him, “So you are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world–to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.” Pilate said to him, “What is truth?” After he had said this, he went back outside to the Jews and told them, “I find no guilt in him. ~John 18:36-38

"Idolatry is the sin in which Man makes something or someone other than God his or her god. Tragically, there are many false versions of Jesus Christ being worshipped in our time. These other forms of Jesus are not the real Saviour, but are man-made versions in the form that is easy for the unregenerate heart to love and worship. These idolatrous forms of Jesus never demand holiness and repentance. They never confront false teachers and false prophets because that would be divisive." (Mike Ratliffe- "Possessing the Treasure")


In these difficult times, people are searching for answers. They're searching for solutions to the economic woes and for a way out. Sadly, many are turning away from the truth; putting their trust in man or man-made systems. The below article identifies one way this is happening that should remind all of us where real truth and real hope comes from.

read the full article here...

"CAN YOU HANDLE THE TRUTH?"



~ktf~
John

0 comments: