Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Why Man Rejects The Gospel

One common theme amongst every religion is conversion. Reach the lost. Save souls. Transform lives. Make people believers and followers. Within so many churches across America today, there is an increased effort to reach the "un-churched". There seems to be no limit to the methods used as a way to attract people into church. It would appear that many churches believe if they can just get them into church, these "seekers" will accept Jesus and become fully devoted followers.

If the Gospel is being preached (as all churches claim they are), why then are we not seeing people become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ? I'm not just talking about people coming to church and "asking Jesus into their hearts". I'm not talking about numbers and how many people were Baptized or how many people raised their hands during an altar call. I'm talking about a transformed life as God's Word defines it. I'm not ripping on any particular church or method; I seriously want to know. If the Gospel is being preached (or taught), why is it becoming increasingly more difficult to distinguish the Christian from the unregenerate person of the world?


“Every proposed method of salvation that leaves the issue dependent on human volition is defective. It has always been found that men will not come to Christ for life. The Gospel is preached to every creature; but all, with one consent, ask to be excused. The will of man must be changed; and this change the will cannot itself effect. Divine grace must here interpose. Unless God works in the sinner to will and to do, salvation is impossible.” ~ John Dagg ("Manual of Theology)

The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. ~ I Cor. 2:14

The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. ~ 2 Cor. 4:4

Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. ~ John 10:26

As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. ~ Eph.2: 1-3

The sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God. ~Rom. 8: 7-8

~ktf~
John



0 comments: