Monday, March 2, 2009

Salvation: Consider The Cost


Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self?
~ Luke 9: 23-25

What is salvation costing me?

This is a question I ask myself several times everyday. In America, we know plenty about freedom but very little about persecution. We think that by wearing a Christian t-shirt, we are boldly proclaiming Christ or if we are laughed at for talking about Him then we are persecuted. Seriously, are we really living out what our salvation means to us? If salvation is all about the work of God through Jesus Christ demonstrating the Glory of God, how serious are we about proclaiming this in our lives, teaching and preaching? Or, are we more concerned about being accepted by the world. More concerned about not being offensive?

As we become less like the world and more like Christ, we will also become more offensive to the world. So too, if we share the Gospel as He did, they will persecute you as well.

Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.'If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. ~ John 15: 20

The cost of salvation and why we should be preaching the Gospel carefully.
(Paul Washer)


Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
~John 14: 23

Obedience to the Word of God is not the requirement for salvation but evidence of it. All that is required has been paid for on the Cross. The power to humble our hearts and lead us to repent and trust comes through the Holy Spirit when we hear the Gospel.

Salvation WILL cost you but the price you pay is far less than what it cost to be given freely to you.

Consider the cost...
(click here for more on this topic including a song by Steve Camp about the cost)



~ktf~
John

0 comments: